Wednesday, October 5, 2011

miércoles, el cinco de octubre

Spanish I:
  • went over yesterday's exercises and corrected them together.
  • went over using "ser de" to talk about where you are from.
  • went over using the verb "gustar" (to like).
  • did exercises #13 pg 38 and #16 pg 39. To be finished for homework (due tomorrow)
Ser de:

Using the verb "ser" + "de", you can say where you, or someone else comes from.

Example: Yo soy de España. = I am from Spain.
               Señora Roth es de España. = Ms. Roth is from Spain.
              Tú eres de Michigan. = You are from Michigan.

Gustar:

You use the verb "gustar" to say what you like. This is a very different verb, and you do not conjugate it, like you do with normal "ar" verbs. You will only use the 3rd person singluar form (él/ella/usted) or the 3rd person plural (ellos,ellas,ustedes). You also never use the subject pronouns (yo, tú,él,ella,usted, nosotros, vosotros, ellos, ellas, ustedes).

Example:  With nouns:
                Me gusta el perro. = I like the dog.
                Me gustan los perros. = I like the dogs.

                   With verbs:
                   Me gusta bailar. = I like to dance.
                   Me gusta bailar y cantar. = I like to dance and to sing.

Important:
You would never say: "Yo gusto el perro."  When using nouns, you use "me gusta" if you like one thing, and "me gustan" if you like more than one thing. When using verbs, you only use "me gusta" no matter how many verbs you use.


Homework: finish today's book exercises, Due tomorrow.
Test: chapter test is this onday, October 7th

3rd grade Spanish:
  • finished skits, and began practicing them in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment