Thursday, March 15, 2012

jueves, el quince de marzo

Spanish I:
  • Today was a half day, and only 4th, 5th, and 6th hour had Spanish.
  • 4th and 6th hour worked on their vocabulary and skits.
  • 5th hour went over how to use "ir" (to go) with "a", to talk about what you are going to do in the near future. They were assigned ex #7, pg 152 to do in class.
5th hour grammar lesson:
  • Using the verb "ir":
Yo voy                  Nosotros vamos
Tú vas                   Vosotros vais
Él/Ella/Usted va     Ellos/Ella/Ustedes van

The verb "ir" means "to go". It can be used to say where you are going ( a place) or what you are going to do in the near future.

1) Ir + al/a la + place

Yo voy a la cafetería. = I go to the cafeteria.
Yo voy al gimnasio. = I got to the gym.  ( "a + el" = changes to "al")

2) Ir + a + verb (infinitve form = not conjugated verb)

Yo voy a hablar. = I am going to talk.
Yo voy a comer. = I am going to eat.
Yo voy a escribir. = I am going to write.

IMPORTANT: You do not conjugate the second verb.

  • Using the verb "tener"
The verb "tener" means "to have":

tengo       tenemos
tienes       tenéis
tiene        tienen

You use this verb to say what you have, how old you are, and also if you are hungry or thirsty.

Yo tengo una hermana. = I have a sister.
Yo tengo catorce años. = I am 14 years old.
Yo tengo hambre. = I am hungry.
Yo tengo sed. = I am thirsty.


If used in a question:

¿Tienes hambre? = Are you hungry?



There was no 4th grade Spanish today because of the half day schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment