Thursday, March 8, 2012

jueves, el ocho de marzo

Spanish I:
  • We began Unit 2.3. We first went over the new vocabulary words, and talked about how to use the verbs on this list, and which prepositions or articles they are used with.
  • We reviewed how to conjugate the verb "tener" (to have), and talked about how it is used to say that you are hungry (hambre) or thirsty (sed).
  • We reviewed how to conjugate the verb "ir" and how to use it in a sentence.
  • Students were assigned exercises 7 and 8 on pgs 152-153. These are due tomorrow.
Grammar Lesson:
  • Using the verb "ir":
Yo voy                  Nosotros vamos
Tú vas                   Vosotros vais
Él/Ella/Usted va     Ellos/Ella/Ustedes van

The verb "ir" means "to go". It can be used to say where you are going ( a place) or what you are going to do in the near future.

1) Ir + al/a la + place

Yo voy a la cafetería. = I go to the cafeteria.
Yo voy al gimnasio. = I got to the gym.  ( "a + el" = changes to "al")

2) Ir + a + verb (infinitve form = not conjugated verb)

Yo voy a hablar. = I am going to talk.
Yo voy a comer. = I am going to eat.
Yo voy a escribir. = I am going to write.

IMPORTANT: You do not conjugate the second verb.

  • Using the verb "tener"
The verb "tener" means "to have":

tengo       tenemos
tienes       tenéis
tiene        tienen

You use this verb to say what you have, how old you are, and also if you are hungry or thirsty.

Yo tengo una hermana. = I have a sister.
Yo tengo catorce años. = I am 14 years old.
Yo tengo hambre. = I am hungry.
Yo tengo sed. = I am thirsty.


If used in a question:

¿Tienes hambre? = Are you hungry?

4th grade Spanish:
  • Students onstinued with their country project.

No comments:

Post a Comment